Sunday, December 6, 2009

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

Scott Pilgrim, one of the more interesting reads for me lately. It is about a 23 year old guy who falls in love with a girl but must defeat her 7 evil ex-boyfriends before he can date her. I instantly loved this comic for reasons I still don't fully understand.
One of the most interesting part of this comic to me is the fact that Scott doesn't know anything that is now presented in the comic. At one point he attacks his brother because Scott thinks he is an evil ex but then his brother yells at him. At one point him and his roommate go to pay the landlord and he tells them the lease is up, they some how forgot it had been a year. There are other times where Scott doesn't seem to quite know what is going on in the world around him and I find this an interesting way for the reader to relate to Scott because they have about the same knowledge of the story, any plot twist would be just as much of a surprise to Scott as it is to the reader. I also like that he is not phased by any of the crazy things that go on in his life, which a normal person would freak out about but in the comic it just seems so natural. I can't wait to finish this series, I am 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment